Internet is a basic necessity now and it is unimaginable to even think what life would be without it. Even for those who do not need to work on a laptop/computer, having an internet connection is important. After all, there are countless videos on YouTube, blockbuster entertainment on NetFlix and Amazon Prime and then of course WhatsApp messages, all of which need the internet to help us stay connected, updated and entertained. And while we agree that the majority of the telecom service providers have alluring data offers like free 2GB per day. But then having the best 4G WiFi Dongle just makes life easier and serves as a great backup! So, here we bring to you the best 4G WiFi Dongles you can blindly buy without having to tax your pockets too high!
Best 4G WiFi Dongles – How To Choose?
Let’s begin first by keeping in mind the factors to be kept in mind before buying a dongle:
Who doesn’t like speed and especially when it comes to downloading videos, apps or loading a page?
To avoid disappointing yourself, check if your dongle offers a minimum of 21Mbps connectivity speed.
You would find the details on the product description or you can even check online on what other users have to say about the dongle’s performance. We strongly suggest you do not take the word of the sales executive for this.
Not all service providers have an excellent connection across the country.
Check which ones are doing well in your locality. Based on that, choose the best 4G WiFi dongles that work best in your area of residence/work. You do not want to get stuck buying one and then having to keep it.
These include finding out whether the dongle is unlocked so as to facilitate it working with any other network. This is important in case you travel a lot. Also, check if it has built-in WiFi functionality.
This enables you to connect to multiple devices. Some modems also come with built-in call functions.
Best 4G WiFi Dongles – Our Top Picks
|WiFi Dongle||Speed||Price (in INR)|
|Huawei E8372 Unlocked 4G/LTE WiFi Dongle||150 Mbps||5,999|
|Airtel 4G Hotspot||150 Mbps||6,999|
|JioFi JDR740 Wireless 4G WiFi Dongle||150 Mbps||1,299|
|TP-Link TL-WN821N Wireless N USB Adapter||300 Mbps||1,399|
|JioFi 4G Hotspot M2S 150 Mbps Portable WiFi Data Device||150 Mbps||5,999|
|iBall 21.0 MP – 58 WiFi ready Airway Data Card||21 Mbps HSPA||1,049|
|Huawei Power-Fi E8221 Data Card||14.4 HSPA||2,499|
|TP-Link TL-WN722N Wireless USB Adapter||150 Mbps||1,399|
|TP-Link TL-MR3020 Mini Pocket 3G/4G Wireless Dongle||300 Mbps||2,199|
|Tenda 4G680V2.0 3G/4G 300Mbps WiFi Hotspot Dongle||300 Mbps||12,000|
Since it comes unlocked, change the SIM as you wish and the dongle will work just fine.
Worried about having to invest in more than one device to keep your phone, laptops, tablets, Kindle etc. all connected together?
This little dongle allows you to connect 10 devices and this also includes the ease of connecting gaming consoles. Except for Windows RT, it supports all the other major applications.
- Wireless Type – 802.11b
- High-speed transfer rate – up to 150 Megabits Per Second
- Maximum Upstream Data Transfer Rate – 50 Megabits Per Second
- Compatible with all Operating Systems
- No heating issues
- Can be connected with up to 10 devices
- Choose any network of your choice
- Auto driver for hassle-free installation
- No MicroSD slot
- 3G connectivity has to be selected manually
But then even if you do not have one, there are reasons for you to think about having an Airtel 4G SIM considering this little dongle supports 10 devices with a speed of 150 Mbps for downloading and 50Mbps for uploading. It has a powerful battery which will allow you to use this for 6 hours continuously. The installation process is also quite simple – all you need to do is get an Airtel 4G sim and insert it into the device to start it. Moreover, the brand offers a one-year warranty which makes it an excellent choice.
- High speed of 150 Mbps for downloading
- Uploading speed – 50 Mbps
- Powerful battery for up to 6 hours of surf time
- Works with prepaid and postpaid SIMs
- No installation required
- Connect up to 10 devices
- Also, comes with a warranty of a one-year
- Only works with Airtel SIM
- No WPS Button
However, the JioFi JDR740 is a major update to its predecessor that comes with all the features of the M2S dongle such as up to 150Mbps download speed and upload speed up to 50Mbps and support for 4G,3G, and 2G networks. Moreover, this 4G WiFi dongle also has an expandable memory capacity of up to 32 GB.
- High downloading speed of 150 Mbps
- Upstream and upload data transfer rate – 50 Mbps
- Powerful 2300 mAh battery for 6-7 hours of life
- Expandable memory capacity of 32 GB
- Support up to 10 devices simultaneously
- microSD card slot
- Compatible with all operating systems
- No battery backup
- 300 Mbps WiFi Speed
- MIMO technology for
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, Mac OS X, Linux compatible
- Web interface for easy configuration
- Bundled CD for auto installation
- Wider wireless coverage and stronger signal penetration strength
- Higher speed
- Linux OS connectivity issues reported
This super sleek black device from JioFi offers a download speed of 150 Mbps while the upload speed is close to 50Mbps.
This particular device comes with high-speed access to 4G data while the Jio4GVioice app renders the 2G/3G enabled smartphones to make HD voice calls with the Jio-SIM in the JioFi.
Feel free to connect as many as 10 devices including laptops, tablets, phones, etc. The battery life is approximately 6 hours post which you can charge it for another 6 hours of uninterrupted internet connectivity.
- Efficient 2300mAh battery
- Excellent download speed of 150 Mbps
- Can be connected with 10 devices
- No installation required
- Sturdy design
- No heating
- Long battery backup
- Network coverage is shorter than most 4G WiFi dongles on the list
If you are looking for the uploading speed, it is up to 5.76 Mbps with the HSUPA feature.
This one comes with a built-in UMTS/GSM antenna and a standard interface for high-speed 2.0 USB. Both of these features make it worth a buy. It also comes with a download speed of up to 21 Mbps. It also has a voice calling feature. However, it is compatible with 2G/3G GSM networks only, which is one of the drawbacks of the device.
- Uploading speed – 5.76 Mbps with HSUPA feature
- Downloading speed – 21 Mbps
- 32GB microSD support
- Voice call feature
- Strong connectivity
- Plug and play device
- Supports several networks
- Also comes with a warranty of one year
- Not compatible with Linux OS
- Compatible with 2G/ 3G and GSM devices only
Compatible with Windows 8, it comes with an auto driver preinstalled. This helps you save the trouble of going through the installation stress.
Just plug it and you are all set to enjoy decent internet connectivity access with a download speed of HSPA 14.4 Mbps and an upload speed of 5.7 Mbps.
Offering the convenience of connecting up to 10 devices, this dongle should be on your list of considerations for sure.
In case you also own a Huawei Smartphone, you can download the Huawei App and enjoy various services like tracking data usage, checking the data spending details, and also keep a tab on the battery life.
- Download speed of HSPA 14.4 Mbps
- Web browser interface for configuration
- Enable /Disable WLAN
- Huawei Hilink Apps support controlling the device with your Smartphone
- No heating issues
- Excellent signal reception
- Also comes with a one-year warranty
- Can be connected with up to 10 devices
- No microSD support
It offers easy wireless security encryption at a push of the WPD button. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linus Kernal. The presence of the 4dBi detachable Omni Directional antenna strengthens the signal power of the USB adapter and makes it an excellent choice. Besides this, it is also easier to install and you can consider this.
- Wireless speed up to 150Mbps
- WPS button for online click connection
- 4dBi detachable Omni Directional antenna offers remarkable signal strength
- Highly affordable
- Easy setup
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux
What it lacks:
- Connectivity issues on Linux devices
- 150 Mbps download speed and 150 Mbps upload speed
- Connectivity range of up to 30 meters
- Supports all major internet service providers
- Highly portable
- Also comes with a warranty of 3 years
- No Battery backup
- No SD card Slot
- Qualcomm MDM9207 processor empowers supreme performance
- Supports FDD LTE/TDD LTE/WCDMA/GSM
- Support external Landline phone via VoLTE
- Excellent uploading and downloading speed
- Call anytime
- Compatible with all major operating systems
- Not dual-band
- Comparatively expensive
Q. Can a Dongle be used as WiFi ?
Yes. The whole purpose of dongles more popularly known as WiFi dongles is to provide more flexibility over fixed-line broadband so you can use them on the go.
Q. Is WiFi dongle faster than mobile internet ?
Yes. Mobile internet works on any device via tethering that has high latency. As WiFi dongles are designed to have low latency and stronger connectivity, they offer faster internet speed.
Q. What is the average range of WiFi dongles?
Most 4G WiFi dongles that we have listed here offer a signal range up to 30 meters. Please check the specifications of the particular device for the correct range.