India is the land of ecstatic cuisines that encapsulate not only the tradition but also diversity in our unity. Every state has its menu but among a plethora of cuisines, a constant factor is the use of pure ghee. For us, it is not just an ingredient but much more. Unfortunately, today, it is a constant struggle to find the best ghee in India due to rampant adulteration.
To be truly able to reap the health benefits of pure ghee, you need to know where to buy this superfood and which brand to rely on. We did not take brands for their face value, but we looked into quality standard implementation, manufacturing process, and general consumer consensus before picking the products.
During our research what we found that not all brands produce the same quality ghee even if they follow the same standards of manufacturing. Here are the top 10 brands you can count on to get the best ghee in India.
Top 10 Pure Ghee in India
2. Amul Pure Ghee
No surprise that we start our list of the best pure ghee brands in India with Amul. A symbolic brand that marks the white revolution in India, Amul pure ghee matches all standards of high-quality production. Made from fresh cream, this completely vegetarian product has a perfect aroma and rich granular texture.
You will find this product truly satisfactory because:
- It is a 100% vegetarian product
- It contains no added colour or preservatives
- It is available in both tin and tetra pack
- Rich granular texture and perfect aroma
- A rich source of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K
- No cholesterol or bad fats
- Regular, right quantity consumption will aid digestion and boost memory
2. Mother Dairy Pure Ghee
Most people take Mother Dairy ghee as a synonym for best ghee in India. They have all the reasons to believe so, as Mother Dairy represents the dairy production capability of our country. From providing dairy products to fruit juices and frozen vegetables, Mother Dairy takes care of the daily requirements of every household.
Mother Dairy pure ghee is undisputedly much better than most of the ghee brands.
What we like:
- A completely vegetarian ghee
- Available at a cheaper price
- No added colour or preservatives
- Its rich granular texture and aroma perfectly blends with every cuisine
3. MSG Premium Cow Desi Ghee
A brand based out of Haryana, MSG Premium cow desi ghee comes from the land which is incredibly popular for the obsession of its diaspora with everything milk-based. This one is a pure vegetarian product that is available in food-grade plastic packing.
We like this product because:
- It is quality-produced 100% vegetarian ghee
- Contains no added preservatives
- Amazing taste and aroma
- Travel safe plastic package
- Have a high nutritive value
4. Nestle Everyday Shahi Ghee
If we talk about great-tasting dairy products, Nestle from Everyday will top the list. The Nestle Everyday Shahi is the best ghee in India if you are looking for an alternative for cow ghee. This product is made from curd obtained from buffalo milk.
Why we recommend Nestle Everyday Shahi Ghee:
- A quality alternative to cow ghee
- 100% vegetarian pure ghee
- Completely organic with no added colour or preservatives
- A rich source of omega-3 and 9 fatty acids alongside fat-soluble vitamins
- A value for money product
- Specially packaged to retain flavour and aroma
5. Patanjali Cow Ghee
Patanjali has established itself as a leader in the production of Herbomineral products in the country. Although 100% vegetarian, this is not organic ghee. Still, it is the best ghee in India to improve your health especially if you suffer from digestion and memory-related issues.
Why Patanjali cow ghee?
- Made from pure cow milk
- 100% vegetarian
- Helps digestion and hormone production
- Calms Pitta and Vata
- Boosts body energy and detoxifies
6. Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee
At the fifth position in our list of top 10 pure ghee brands is the Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee. It is made from milk curd through a slow cooking process that gradually increases the temperature of the curd to process it. This method boosts the natural taste of the ghee as well as preserves its aroma.
Why choose Aashirvaad Svasti Ghee?
- Slow-cooking processed pure ghee
- A vegetarian product suitable for holy rituals
- Available in various packaging including travel-friendly plastic bottle
- A value for money pure ghee
- Its natural aroma blends well with almost every Indian cuisine
7. Baidyanath Premium Cow Ghee
As one of the best ghee brands in India, Baidyanath offers a whole assortment of dairy products. As a 100-years old Ayurvedic brand, this ghee has some of the authentic yet distinguishing quality. Baidyanath Premium Cow Ghee is an ayurvedic product and unlike its rivals, it has a brown appearance.
Why Baidyanath Premium Cow Ghee is the best ghee in India?
- An ayurvedic product with added benefits
- 100% vegetarian product
- Organic brown ghee
- No colour, flavour, or any preservative
- This ghee is especially good for skin health
- A rich source of energy and stamina
8. Organic India Cow Ghee
Another 100% organically processed pure ghee made from heat-stable cow milk, organic India cow ghee is a product that has reached the ranking among the top 10 best ghee brands in India. You should consider that it is made from curd, not cream.
What we like:
- 100% organic and completely vegetarian pure ghee
- Contains short-chain fatty acids that help weight loss
- Highly nutritive contains 146 g of vitamin A per 100 ml of ghee
- Better for hormonal function on regular intake
- A natural remedy for constipation
9. MR DAIRY 100% Pure Cow Desi A2 Ghee
Another best ghee brand in India offering products made from A2 milk of Sahiwal cows is MR DAIRY. This ghee is a 100% organic product that is rich in fat-soluble vitamins and is free from cholesterol and fat. If you think why we put MR DAIRY 100% Pure Cow Desi A2 Ghee at the bottom of our list of top 10 pure ghee in India, it is because of its expensive price.
What we like:
- Made from pure A2 milk of Sahiwal Cows
- Free from cholesterol and bad fats
- Rich in fat-soluble vitamins
- Helps to reduce obesity
- An ayurvedic remedy to heals wounds and burns
10. Farm Naturelle Pure Desi Sahiwal Cow Ghee
Farm Naturelle-100% Pure Desi Sahiwal Cow Ghee from A2 Milk is more than just ghee it is a traditionally prepared product marked for the utmost quality. Produced following the Vedic method in the valleys of Uttarakhand, this is the best ghee in India in terms of vitamins it contains. It not only promotes good health but effectively slows down the aging process on regular use. The only flaw being, it is an expensive product.
Why choose Farm Naturelle-100% Pure Desi Sahiwal Cow Ghee?
- Made from pure A2 milk of Sahiwal Cow
- Highly nutritive vegetarian product
- Best pure ghee for brain functioning and improved memory
- Can be especially beneficial for improving skin glow and managing dark circles
- A rich source of fat-soluble vitamins
- No preservatives or added colour
Why include pure ghee in your diet?
With no or minimal trans-fat, pure ghee is a healthy ingredient that can make your cuisines aromatic and great-tasting. Apart from culinary benefits, it has advantages for health as well.
Ghee contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that can be easily processed by the liver without letting fat accumulation.
When you choose the best ghee in India, you are choosing the right source of Omega 3 fatty acids. It also reduces unhealthy LDL cholesterol.
As pure ghee is cholesterol-free, even lactose-intolerant individuals can easily digest cuisines made with ghee.
The butyric acid present in ghee is a natural remedy for inflammation in the parts of our body and can boost the immune system.
Nobody has to inform us of the benefits of pure ghee. Every Indian kitchen counts ghee as a must-have ingredient to boost the aroma and taste of meals.
Given the poor purity standards of some brands, it is tough to find pure desi ghee in India online. This is why we picked the top 10 best ghee brands and their products that you can buy online.
If we missed a brand or a product you think is the best ghee in India, do let us know in the comments below.